PMP Practice Questions
1) You’ve been put in-charge of a project that is in its first release. Which document should you read to identify the project constraints and the acceptance criteria?
a) Scope Statement
b) Project Charter
c) Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
d) Stakeholder Analysis
2) You are in a workshop with the client. The objective of the workshop is to prioritize scope for the first release. Since this is a prestigious project, each client stakeholder wants his/her scope items to be included in the first release. What advise would you give the client stakeholders?
a) Prioritize based on business value
b) Prioritize based on business value and risk
c) Prioritize based on probability of completion
d) Prioritize based on risk and probability of completion
3) What is the correct order of the Scope Management processes?
a) Define Scope, Plan Scope, Verify Scope, Create WBS
b) Collect Requirements, Define Scope, Create WBS, Verify Scope
c) Plan Scope, Define Scope, Verify Scope, Create WBS
d) Scope Planning, Collect Requirements, Scope Definition, Create WBS
4) Your project has eight tracks. Each track has a Track Lead, who engages with a client stakeholder. The Track Leads have weekly checkpoints with their respective client stakeholders. Since the start of Release 2, you’ve noticed that the client stakeholders ask for scope changes. The Track Leads, consider the changes to be minor, and incorporate the requests. Though most of the time, the Track Leads are correct in assuming that the scope is minor, sometimes the change requires significant effort. You want to track the requests that are major. What will you do to achieve this?
a) Train the Track Leads to identify the requests that lead to significant effort.
b) Add an item in the daily team meeting agenda to include scope change requests.
c) Review the project charter.
d) Change the scope statement.
5) You’ve just delivered your second release. For both releases so far, the client stakeholders have applauded your efforts. However, the client stakeholders mention that the business needs are not being met as per their expectations. What can you do to ensure that expectations are understood in the same way by each stakeholder?
a) Create a Project Charter for each release.
b) Create a Scope Statement for each release.
c) Document SMART objectives for each release.
d) Train the client stakeholders on the methodology your project is following.
6) After delivering a release, the client is adamant that certain features of the software do not provide any business value. Which document can you share with the client to show how the features directly correspond to business needs and requirements stated at the being of the project?
a) Requirements Traceability Matrix
b) Project Charter
c) Scope Statement
d) Scope Baseline
7) You conducted several brainstorming sessions with client stakeholders and used the Delphi technique. You also intend to conduct focus groups. Which process are you most probably doing?
a) Plan Scope
b) Stakeholder Analysis
c) Collect Requirements
d) Develop Project Charter
8) You’ve just completed the Collect Requirements process. Which Scope Management process would you implement next?
a) Plan Scope
b) Define Scope
c) Create WBS
d) Scope Planning