PMP Practice Questions
1) If the CPI of a project is 1.15 and the SPI is 0.7, which of the following techniques would probably help you bring the SPI closer to 1?
A) Rolling Wave Planning
B) Reserve Analysis
D) Funding Limit Reconciliation
2) Suppose you have a budgeted cost of a project at $900,000. The project is to be completed in 9 months. After a month, you have completed 10% of the project at a total expense of $100,000. The planned completion should have been 15%. At the current progress rate, how much more money is required to complete the project?
A) $ 800,000
B) $ 900,000
C) $ 1,000,000
D) $ 1,100,000
3) For you project, you have hired a freelancer to develop a website in .NET. After a month, you decide that the freelancer isn’t doing a good job and reach out to another freelancer. The second freelancer convinces you that your website project would be better off based on the Java platform. The costs associated with the .NET developer are:
4) If you use the Funding Limit Reconciliation technique while performing the Determine Budget process, which of the following will NOT change?
A) Activity Cost Estimates
C) Resources required during an Iteration
D) Planned scope to be delivered in a Sprint
5) Suppose you are managing a software development project. The project is expected to be completed in 8 months at a cost of $10000 per month. After 2 months, you realize that the project is 30% completed at a cost of $40,000. What is the Earned Value (EV) and the Cost Variance (CV)?
A) EV = $24,000; CV= ($16,000)
B) EV = ($20,000); CV= $16,000
C) EV = $16,000; CV= ($4,000)
D) EV = ($16,000) ; CV= $4,000
6) To protect your project from cost overruns, which of the following can you do in the planning phase of the project?
A) Pad high risk activities with extra cost buffer
B) Provide extra time for each activity in the schedule
C) Monitor each activity closely
D) Apply Earned Value Forecasting Formulae, such EAC and ETC
7) When a product is recalled, the ____ increases.
A) Activity Cost
B) Cost of Quality
C) Product Quality
D) Product Maintenance Cost
8) View the Precedence Diagram below.
One of the activities in the project is to procure wood. You, however, have decided to use Wood Plastic Composites (WPC) because they are more environmentally friendly, more durable, and require less maintenance compared to solid treated wood. As you want the shed to last many years, low maintenance is a key factor while choosing the material. This is an example of using _________ to make an informed decision.
A) Cost of Quality
B) Direct Costs
C) Costing associated with Leads and Lags
D) Life-Cycle Costing