What is the Framework for Change Management?
Change Management Methodology has eight success factors.
1. A sense of urgency must be established. If the affected parties see the change as required, they are more likely to accept the change.
2. The Vision for Change must be communicated in a clear and focused manner. All those involved should understand the vision for change and be able to act upon it.
3. Increase the Company’s Capability for change. Companies should be flexible enough to embrace change, rather than so rigid that change creates a revolution, uprooting the entire workforce.
4. Communication is vital. Information regarding the change must be communicated from those evoking change to those who are affected by it – in a reliable, credible and timely manner.
5. Stakeholders should be involved. When stakeholders are involved, change is effected in a swifter and smoother manner, with less resistance.
6. All Levels of Leadership ought to be Engaged in the change. If the leaders are embracing the change, then they can oversee and manage the team members reactions to the change. By having strong and educated leadership, the changes will move much more smoothly.
7. Integrate project management strategies with the change. By implementing projects, your company will have greater success with change management and with meeting strategic company objectives in general.
8. Enhance the performance of the company and reinforce behaviors that are desired in the company. By doing this, there will be less resistance to change.
Once these eight factors for success in change management methodology are acknowledged, change management can be executed.