Providing Examples of Costs to Be Considered
These categories are extensive and still require evaluation if the related costs are manageable or self-liquidating, which denotes that recovery does not depend on the value created by the investment. Below are some examples of expenditures integrated as prices to pay for owning and maintaining cost-intensive capital investments like computer systems, building constructions, heavy equipment or machineries.
1. Related administrative costs in relation to purchase, such as the development of bid specifications not only for procurement, construction or fabrication. They also cover the providers of support and maintenance services to make the investment highly functional as a value creator or contributor.
2. Specialized skills required in evaluating the proposal and the related data to be researched for its development, upgrade, lease, transfer and delivery.
3. Licenses, agreements, goodwill, subscription and negotiation fees
4. Computer hardware, peripherals, storage, networking, Internet connection and related equipment.
5. Installation costs, placement parts, testing, sanitizing and related annual supply requirements.
6. Share in administrative costs, which includes human resource recruitment , outsourcing and asset management.
7. Cost of maintaining or renting floor space, including utilities used.
8. IT training or computer skills as well as upgrade and maintenance of help-desk support.
9. Database, software and network management
10. Recycling equipment and take-back programs