Monitoring and Controlling the Project
- Factors that Keep you Motivated on a Project
Motivation is very important for maintaining focus on an issue. Have you ever been in a situation where you had no interesting in continuing a project? Do not panic, here are some tips to overcome the vagaries of motivation.
- The Managed Pilot Project: A Wise Product Owner’s Choice For Success
Most products benefit from a pilot launch where the product is offered to select customers before the official launch. This endeavor needs to be managed for optimal results.
- How to Avoid Feedback Failure in Project Management: Try One of These Methods!
A project manager relies on periodic feedback sessions to keep a team on track, within budget and cohesive. There are three techniques that promise success -- if you know how to properly apply them. Be aware that user error can result in project management nightmares!
- Reward for Effort: Simplify Your Reporting by Improving Your Controls
If you want to save time in your project reporting commitments, the best way to do so is to invest extra effort into establishing effective project controls.
- The Significance of Earned Value Analysis, Forecasting & To-Complete Performance Index
Part of your job as Project Manager is to keep concerned stakeholders up to date on the progress of your project. This is where Earned Value Analysis comes in. Become familiar with these definitions and processes.
- Does Anxiety Rule Your Project Management Roost? Just How Bad Is It?
Part of being a project leader means understanding how to manage a project. If you are the type where every phase, element and task is deemed urgent, how well are you really managing the endeavor? Your teams will fight you and soon—may not even listen to you. Jean Scheid explains.
- Is Your Mouth Saying One Thing and Your Body Another?
Learn how to match your body language with your words to send the right message every single time. If you know how to read others' body language correctly, you'll know how to make the proper adjustments to your own. Mastering this skill is a win-win for career success.
- Collection of Guides and Tips to Improve the Project Monitoring Process
This guide to the project monitor and control process provides a collection of insightful articles on these important project management stages. They encompass a detailed overview of the topics, strategies and best practices, tools and techniques in use and much more.
- Test Your Earned Value Management Skills
The Project Management Body of Knowledge published by the Project Management Institute defines cost monitoring and controlling techniques used in the Project Cost Management knowledge area. Test your understanding of this topic with this fun, interactive quiz.
(1 of 28)