Monitoring and Controlling the Project
- The Weekly Status Report: Why It's So Important
Project updates should be one-directional given that there is a good business process in place that people follow. This article will outline the importance of implementing a proactive weekly status update and how to do it successfully.
- Avoiding Problems with Vendor Management
One of the biggest problems that can come up in a project is difficulties with vendors or contractors. Learn some rules to follow when working with vendors in order to avoid issues.
- Problem Solving for Projects with Pareto Analysis
Pareto analysis is an ingenious problem solving technique that can be effectively used in project management, to tackle 80% of the problems by simply addressing the 20% key causes. Read more to find the answers to how can Pareto analysis be used on a problem solving project.
- Problems with Outsourcing: Difficulty in Monitoring Contractors
Large projects often rely on outsourcing to complete tasks, which becomes increasingly difficult to track and monitor as the project grows. It's critical for companies to have well-trained Project Managers on staff in order to manage unwieldy projects.
- Factors that Keep you Motivated on a Project
Motivation is very important for maintaining focus on an issue. Have you ever been in a situation where you had no interesting in continuing a project? Do not panic, here are some tips to overcome the vagaries of motivation.
- The Managed Pilot Project: A Wise Product Owner’s Choice For Success
Most products benefit from a pilot launch where the product is offered to select customers before the official launch. This endeavor needs to be managed for optimal results.
- How to Avoid Feedback Failure in Project Management: Try One of These Methods!
A project manager relies on periodic feedback sessions to keep a team on track, within budget and cohesive. There are three techniques that promise success -- if you know how to properly apply them. Be aware that user error can result in project management nightmares!
- Reward for Effort: Simplify Your Reporting by Improving Your Controls
If you want to save time in your project reporting commitments, the best way to do so is to invest extra effort into establishing effective project controls.
- The Significance of Earned Value Analysis, Forecasting & To-Complete Performance Index
Part of your job as Project Manager is to keep concerned stakeholders up to date on the progress of your project. This is where Earned Value Analysis comes in. Become familiar with these definitions and processes.
(1 of 28)