Simple Process to Create EE’s
When starting a project in the phase IP (e.g. Initiating a Project), all resources are determined and approved. The EE’s define the technical resources answering the following goal questions:
Which tools are required?
1. What is the goal of the project?
2. Which ways do we want to go to reach that goal?
3. What are the conditions and constraints for parameters like costs, techniques, technologies, restrictions by law, customer’s state of mind and individual situation and others that have to be kept in mind?
4. Which requirements are fulfilled by available tool that already exist in the company, which alternative tools, newer versions or better usage (enabled by trainings) of the actual tools can be done?
5. What did we learn from best practices and lessons learned that were required in former projects with reference to the tools used there (see Project Review)?
6. What exactly is the business case one tool, tool set or EE will be used for?
7. Will there be other business cases that can make (re)use of the actually defined EE, single tools or special configuration details?
Which tools are available?
1. Make a list of all developer requirements referring to the actual level of the EE (a BEE will be used for a longer time than an AEE or IEE, thus has other requirements)
2. Find out the available tools at the company
3. Perform a web based search for tools
4. Go to fairs, attend presentation events, follow recommendations, review articles in good journals or at communities like Bright Hub.