1. "Getting to Know You" Games
If you are a project manager of a new team, the first fun team building game you should consider is a simple get to know you game. It is natural for new teams to be somewhat timid around each other at first. Discovering a little known truth about a team mate can forge a closer bond. Most get to know you games are setup under a similar format with emphasis on the exchange of information through interviews and presentations with an added fun or challenge component.
One fun team building team game that contains all these elements is based on the popular game Would You Rather...?
1. Pair up team members to conduct one on one interviews.
2. Pose a set of two choices that either describes the person, indicates a preference, or answers a what if situation.
For example, would the team member rather:
- Get up early or stay up late
- Sky dive or bunge jump
- Paint the Mona Lisa or Starry Nights
3. Collect and compare answers. Make sure to record an explanation for each choice.
For additional get to know you games, check out this article on Free Business Meeting Game Ideas which offers some nice variations of several classical games.