- Can’t Get Project Stakeholders to Respond to Your Communications? Learn Tips for Success Here!
An effective communication stream is an absolute must when it comes to project stakeholders. You will experience tough challenges with some, however; and when you do, how do you handle the unanswered calls or emails? Jean Scheid offers up some scenarios to help you deal with these problems.
- Do You Dislike Your Coworkers? Don’t Suffer in Silence - Use These Helpful Tips!
Do you work with team members you dislike more than those veggies your Mom pushed on you as a kid? If so, your days working on the project probably aren’t full of fun or creativity—you spend the day avoiding the bad folks and the end result is a lack of productivity. Want this to stop? Read on!
- 5 Can’t-Fail Techniques for Communication in Project Management
Trickle-down communication will ruin your project team’s cohesion faster than an autocratic management style. While it is good and well to make this value judgment, do you know why this communication style wreaks havoc in the corporate setting?
- Improving Project Communication: Collection of Tips, Strategies and Tools for the Project Manager
Do you know what to do when team members have meltdowns or stakeholders overstep boundaries? If you want to become a better communicator and avoid misunderstandings and conflicts, you'll love this collection of tips and tools to help you communicate effectively in any situation or to any audience.
- What Can Project Leaders Learn From Salespeople?
At both the beginning and the end, as a project manager, it’s up to you to seal the deal so to speak or sell that project! Throughout your PM training you may never have thought about sales but it has to be part of your game. Jean Scheid explains.
- Should You Participate in Office Politics or Avoid Them Like the Plague?
Ask anyone you know and they’ll most likely tell you they hate office politics and steer clear of them as best they can. Instead of fearing these two words (because every office has politics) perhaps it’s time to embrace them to gain the upper hand.
- Are You Working in a World of Negativity, Gloom and Doom? Tips on Dealing With It All
The project is lost! The methodology stinks! These vendors never deliver on time! The company is going under! Do you hear these negative statements all day long? It’s hard to stop negativity but thankfully, there are ways to remain positive. Jean Scheid offers some unconventional tips!
- What Do You Do When a Stakeholder Is Not Honest?
Are you suffering from dealing with dishonest stakeholders whether they are clients, vendors or team members? If so, you need to learn where the dishonesty is coming from and stop it in its path. Some of the reasons people lie may surprise you.
- The Good, the Bad and the Beastly: Who's Really on Your Project Team?
At times, you may be tempted to treat team members like animals because they are acting like one. Before you do something you might regret, take a look at this entertaining slideshow to make sure you know how to identify those project beasts.
- Mitigating Departmental Cultures and Their Effects on Your Project Team
Workplace cultures have profound influences on your project team. Recognizing them and working with them – rather than trying to be lone salmon swimming upstream – spells the difference between project success and failure. Are you hip to your cultures?
(2 of 34)