- Project Management Etiquette During the Holiday Season
The holiday season brings cooler weather, decorations adoring your commute and a cesspool of decisions regarding how certain aspects of the holiday season should be handled in the diverse environment of the modern work space. Get a grasp on proper etiquette for this festive time of year.
- How Well Do You Use Virtual Body Language in Project Communications?
Have you ever written what you thought was a clear, concise email only to have others interpret it quite differently? Just as traditional body language is crucial for getting your spoken message across, virtual body language can make or break written communications.
- Sorry, I Cannot See Past Your God Complex
If your team members are commenting snidely, "Sorry, your God complex is talking so loudly I can't hear a word you say," it may be time for serious self-assessment. If you are disconnected from the team, your project may solve the wrong problem or fail. Here's what you need to know and to do.
- Understanding Burnout and Preventing It Among Your Project Team
No matter how necessary it is to press on with the schedule of any given project, you’re going to have a hard time of it if your project team members start to burn out. How can you identify the symptoms of this intractable malady, and how do you fight it?
- Can’t Get Project Stakeholders to Respond to Your Communications? Learn Tips for Success Here!
An effective communication stream is an absolute must when it comes to project stakeholders. You will experience tough challenges with some, however; and when you do, how do you handle the unanswered calls or emails? Jean Scheid offers up some scenarios to help you deal with these problems.
- Do You Dislike Your Coworkers? Don’t Suffer in Silence - Use These Helpful Tips!
Do you work with team members you dislike more than those veggies your Mom pushed on you as a kid? If so, your days working on the project probably aren’t full of fun or creativity—you spend the day avoiding the bad folks and the end result is a lack of productivity. Want this to stop? Read on!
- 5 Can’t-Fail Techniques for Communication in Project Management
Trickle-down communication will ruin your project team’s cohesion faster than an autocratic management style. While it is good and well to make this value judgment, do you know why this communication style wreaks havoc in the corporate setting?
- Improving Project Communication: Collection of Tips, Strategies and Tools for the Project Manager
Do you know what to do when team members have meltdowns or stakeholders overstep boundaries? If you want to become a better communicator and avoid misunderstandings and conflicts, you'll love this collection of tips and tools to help you communicate effectively in any situation or to any audience.
- Should You Participate in Office Politics or Avoid Them Like the Plague?
Ask anyone you know and they’ll most likely tell you they hate office politics and steer clear of them as best they can. Instead of fearing these two words (because every office has politics) perhaps it’s time to embrace them to gain the upper hand.
- Are You Working in a World of Negativity, Gloom and Doom? Tips on Dealing With It All
The project is lost! The methodology stinks! These vendors never deliver on time! The company is going under! Do you hear these negative statements all day long? It’s hard to stop negativity but thankfully, there are ways to remain positive. Jean Scheid offers some unconventional tips!
(2 of 34)