Finding the Median
Since one of the major components of the run chart is the median, you want to be able to find this in your Excel document. Follow these steps to figure out your median in Excel.
1. Go to Insert, and click on Function (fx).
2. Click All in the left-hand side.
3. In the right-hand column, scroll down until your find Median.
4. Input your numbers.
5. Click OK.
The median for the figures that you inputted will show up in the cell.
For information on ten free Six Sigma templates, read 10 Free Six Sigma Templates You Can Download by Michele McDonough.
To create your run chart, you should follow these steps.
1. Input the dates and data from your research into the Excel cells.
2. Input the median from your calculations, and add this information to each date.
3. Select the data that you want to chart on your run chart.
4. Click the Chart Wizard icon.
5. Select Line Chart from the Chart Type menu.
6. Fill in the required information on the menu.
7. Once all the information has been entered, Excel will create your chart for you.
To learn how to create a Gantt Chart in Excel, read Using Excel to Create a Gantt Chart by Michele McDonough.