- slide 1 of 7
Work orders (also known as job orders) contain information about goods and services customer intends to obtain from the vendor. They contain information like the number of units to be produced, the amount of raw material used, and the labor hours required. A good work order should help the vendor to fulfill the needs of the customer. Tracking a work order can be challenging for a vendor. Gone are the days when vendors managed their work orders on paper. There are many great software applications which help vendors manage work orders efficiently.
- slide 2 of 7
Elements XS comes with the GIS functionality. This application offers easy to use GUI (Graphical User Interface). You can literally see all the activities that are currently under progress as soon as you log in to the application. Tracking and dispatching of service items is made very easy. You need not be a tech savvy person to use this application. The application enables you to set up maintenance routines. You will get notifications when something is due. You can manage multiple departments using this application.
Price: For information on pricing, you may request a quote from the company website.
- The software is offered by Continental Utility Solutions, Inc, a well-known name in the industry.
- The GUI interface saves time and improves efficiency.
- slide 3 of 7
- slide 4 of 7
This web-based work order management software application offers on demand solution. You can get alerts when requests are approved, rejected or completed. The application allows email submission of requests. You may also route requests to specific individuals. You may define filters for sorting service orders. The application allows you to configure work order screens.
Planning and scheduling tasks are made very easy. You can print work order in html or pdf formats. The application allows you to upload manuals or drawings and to associate them with your work orders. You can assign work orders to specific projects. Another advantage of this application is that it allows you to track downtime efficiently.
This software application improves your return on investment (ROI). Since it offers on demand service, you save on server space.
Price: You get 30 day free trial. Later there is a fee of $40 per user per month.
- The feature-rich software is known for its flexibility and ease of use. It is the best application from features and flexibility point of view.
- Price is reasonable.
- The application may be used by any organization irrespective of the size and industry.
- slide 5 of 7
Service Master Software
This software application offers work order tracking solutions for the service industry. It allows you to create, print and track work orders, irrespective of the size of your business. Reporting system is adequate. The application eliminates duplication in creating work orders. The application is easy to install and use. It comes with a tutorial.
Price: You can either go for either single licence or for multiple licences.
- Easy to install and use.
- Microsoft Certified Partner.
- Limited features.
- slide 6 of 7
There is a general perception that this application is a "to do" list. iDispatcher Pro is definitely much more than that. This work order management software is designed for iPhone and iPad. This application allows you to track service calls, maintain customer service histories and manage customer lists. You can also manage invoices.
This is not a web based application. The application allows you to sync your work to a computer. If you are using an iPhone 3GS, you can scan (barcode) the parts used on the job. You can take photos of your work and scan the signatures on the work order. It is possible to call, email or SMS the customer from the application. You can get the maps to the location where the work is going on from the application.
Price: The price is $34.99 (one time).
- You can track work orders from the field.
- Easy to install and use.
- Limited features.
- Can be installed on iPhone and iPad only.
- slide 7 of 7
These work order tracking software applications go a long way in improving the overall efficiency of your organization. Before investing in any of these software applications, it is always a good idea to spend some time in analyzing your needs.
- Image courtesy: http://demo.trackit.com/TrackItWeb/Application/Main
- Image courtesy: http://www.cusi.com/integrated-solutions/work-order-management.html
- Image courtesy: http://servicemaster.dawsonmobilepc.com/servicemaster.htm
- iDispatcher: http://itunes.apple.com/in/app/idispatcher-pro/id434977220?mt=8
- Image courtesy: http://www.emaint.com/work-order/
- Image courtesy: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idispatcher-pro/id434977220?mt=8
- eMaint X3: http://www.emaint.com/work-order/
- Service Master Software: http://servicemaster.dawsonmobilepc.com/multilicense.htm
- Elements XS: http://www.cusi.com/integrated-solutions/work-order-management.html
- Numara Track-It: http://www.numarasoftware.com/footprints/request-pricing/?prod=slsm