Among the Best (4 out of 5)
You can probably find a number of project management software packages that claim how handy they are and what a great interface they have. Online project management applications are everywhere but only few meet expectations. What if you get the flexibilities you need with a Windows-based desktop application which is also a project management software? Get ready to try this desktop-based project management software application–called Project KickStart.
Integrates Well (4 out of 5)
Project KickStart is an integrated project management software program, incorporated with a number of critical project applications like MS Office Suites, WBS Cart, MindManager and Microsoft Project. For doing basic, routine-based project planning and project execution, this tool is widely recommended. But Project KickStart is criticized for not having great features when it comes to managing resources in a project management system or strengthening team collaboration.
Key Features (4 out of 5)
When we talk about the features of Project KickStart, the first thing that comes to mind is definitely its simplicity and easy-to-handle, user-friendly interface, which is accessible via different tabs. Some prominent features include:
- Easy Customization of Gantt Chart and Project Reports.
- Easy installation on any network.
- Availability of 10 MB of free disk space for storing large amounts of information.
- Compatible with Windows 98/NT/Me/200/XP all the way up to Windows 8 with 128 MB of RAM and 30 MG free disk space.
- Great customer support which is free of cost all the time. This is the biggest advantage with this product. No other product manufacturers consistently offer free support.
- There is a project Wizard to guide you, step by step and process by process**.**
- All Microsoft Programs, especially MS Suites and MS Project, will integrate with this tool and provide a great project support system.
- The Gantt Chart in this software enables you to view project details and analyze project reports effectively.
- Several integrated sub-tools solve various project-centric problems and define project objectives, milestones, and goals clearly.
- There is a Custom Report generation facility.
Project KickStart has a well formatted dashboard to monitor progress of the project and keep a check at project status every time without opening the tool. Also, one cannot ignore its HTML website project management techniques for internet or intranet usability. And not to forget the 24/7 technical and customer support.
Initiating Your Project (4 out of 5)
It is often believed that starting a particular project is the most difficult task, especially when the project planner is a novice. In this sense, Project KickStart is the way to go. It allows you to launch a number of projects with minimum hassle, and it makes project planning and implementation really easy. Ask any project management professional about launching projects with Project KickStart; they will provide you the same positive critique.
True to its name, Project KickStart makes your project initiation phase completely seamless and helps to divide project management functional systems into eight different segments or sub-domains - Name, Phases, Goals, Similar, People, Obstacle, Assign, and Task. This not only helps get you off to a better start, but also supports flexible task management operations with the involvement of each and every project member.
A single-user option is $299. For a 5-user license you will pay $1,425. If you have an earlier version of Project Kickstart, you can buy an upgrade for $120.