Instructions For Taking the PMP Test Questions
This set of PMP project management questions contains eight questions. You should attempt these PMP test questions in 10 minutes by choosing the best option. The answer key is provided at the end of this PMP practice test. The answer key also contains links to further reading material available at Bright Hub.
Your aim should be to get seven or eight questions correct. Good Luck on the PMP certification test!
PMP Project Management Questions
1) By looking at the Fishbone diagram below, which action will not have a positive impact on the miscommunication problem hounding the project team.
A) Cross-culture training
B) Training on third-party tools, such as WebEx
C) Survey the team on compensation-related issues
D) Documenting meeting notes after every meeting
2) The following Scatter Plot describes the relationship between compensation and team motivation. As a Project Manager, what would you infer from this Scatter Plot?
A) By increasing compensation, team motivation is bound to increase.
B) By increasing compensation, team motivation is bound to decrease.
C) By increasing compensation, team motivation will probably increase.
D) By increasing compensation, team motivation will probably not be impacted.
3) Cost of Quality is used in which Project Quality Management process:
A) Plan Quality
B) Inspect Quality
C) Plan Quality Assurance
D) Plan Quality Control
4) You suspect a the FIFA world cup is causing the your project team members to come into work late. Which of the following tools cannot help you validate this assumption?
A) Control Chart
B) Standard Deviation and Sampling
C) Kaizen and Continuous Improvement
D) Scatter Plot
5) Which of the following is in no way related to the concept of Continuous Improvement in project quality management?
B) Continous Improvement
C) Value Engineering
6) Is the following process under control?
7) What is defined as “the degree to which a set of inherent characteristics fulfill requirements”?
8) Look at the Scatter Plot shown below.
Which of the following statements is true?
A) There is a weak correlation between the two variables.
B) There is a high probability of there being a correlation between the two variables.
C) There is certainty that a change in one variable causes a change in another.
D) There is no correlation between the two variables.
Free PMP Test Questions – Project Quality Management – Answer Key
Mentioned below is the answer key for the project management questions and some links that’ll help you improve your project management knowledge.
1) C. All options, except C, can be infered from the Fishbone diagram. Option C can in no way be inferred from the Fishbone diagram. For more Fishbone diagram examples, read the Fishbone Diagrams Examples for IT article.
2) D. The Scatter Plot describes no correlation between two variables, hence Option C is the only correct option. For more Scatter Plot examples, read the Interpreting Scatter Plots or Scatter Charts in Project Quality Management article.
3) A. Option B is not a valid process. For more information on Project Quality Management, read the Project Quality Management for Quality in PMP article.
4) C: Kaizen or Continuous Improvement is a philosophy that focuses on continual improvement. This would be of little use to discover why your PMs are coming to work late. Choice D, Scatter Plots can help you validate this assumption. Choice A, Control Charts can help you detect the problem. For more information on Control Charts, read the Interpreting Control Charts in Project Quality Management article.
5) D. Sampling is the act of Is the act of selecting produced items and seeing whether they confirm to quality. There is attribute sampling, variable sampling and random sampling.For the definitions of the other terms, read the Essential Quality Assurance Terms – Definitions and Meaning article.
6) A. The process is under control because it meets the basic requirements. The mean is at 2 and there are only 6 consecutive points on one side of the mean so the Rule of 7 doesn’t apply. To learn more about how to infer out of control process, read the Interpreting Control Charts in Project Quality Management article.
7) C. This the definition of quality as per the PMBOK. For more PMBOK related project quality management stuff, read the Project Quality Management for Quality in PMP article.
8) B. This is a strong correlation scatter plot. Don’t get confused with Option C. Certainty only exists if all points lie on a straight line. For example, by decreasing the critical path, the duration of a project would certainly reduce.
More Free PMP Quizzes
- Free PMP Quiz on Cost Management
- Free PMP Quiz on Time Management
- Free PMP Quiz on Scope Management
- Free PMP Quiz on Risk Management