Serving Many Causes
What is time tracking software? Depending on the program used, different features are available in order to track the time spent in certain programs, time spent browsing the internet, billable and non-billable hours, and more. It helps businesses produce documentation for billing clients. Employee productivity can be tracked.
With the so many different time trackers available from software to browser plugins–some of which integrate with other programs and others that stand alone–it is no wonder many people have a hard time choosing internet time tracker software.
Time tracking software is generally considered an accounting software linked to payroll, a billing system, accounting system, or project management system to handle payment and seeing how much time is spent where and how much effort is being placed into certain tasks. This is valuable software for all businesses to have, from the sole proprietors of the world, to the large corporations that seem to run the world.
Time tracking software is important in order to maintain the amount of time spent working on projects. Spending time trying to find the right software for you and your company or project is a pain in the neck. In this series, we've taken a look at three programs to help you find one that works for you.
- Web Time Sheet Project and Billing Edition: a web-based program for project managers and project staff. There is also a time and attendance version for people who need to track employees that way.
- DOVICO Timesheet™: an integrated program allowing both project and attendance time tracking available for download or web hosting, works well with many programs.
- Visual TimeAnalyzer: a program which allows tracking of internet use, program use, and comparison of users. Though not available for web, this program is still a good option.
The next three articles in the series are dedicated to reviewing each of these programs in detail, one for each program, digging into costs, usability, other benefits and potential drawbacks. In the end, only you will be able to decide which program is best for you and your needs. While these three are not the only options available, they are the most common and well known. Starting with these three will help give you a better idea of the software options out there and what you need from them.
This post is part of the series: Internet Time Tracker Software Series
- Internet Time Tracker Software: Learn Your Options
- Web Time Sheet: Project and Billing Edition
- Internet Time Tracker Software: DOVICO Timesheet™
- Internet Time Tracker Software: Visual TimeAnalyzer